Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Fox and The Cat

Oneday there were a fox and a cat out walking together to the pound. The fox began boasting to the cat.

The Fox : “How ever you are, my friend.”
“I’m prepared for any situation.”
“I have a whole bag of trick to choose from if my enemies try to
capture me,”
The Cat : “I’m afraid I’ve only got one trick, but it has always worked for
Me.”

The fox looked at the cat and said:

The Fox : “One trick, how dumb is that?”
“I’ve got hundreds of ways of escaping.”
The Cat : “I still think is better to have one trick that works than waste time
triying to choose from a dozen that might.”
The Fox : “Rubbish.” “You’re just not as smart as me.”

Just then they heard a pack of dogs barking as they coming towards them. The cat immidiatelly ran up the nearest tree and hid on one of the highest brances.

The Cat : “That’s my trick.”
“You had better reach into that bag of tricks of yours and choose
one right now or you’re history.”
The Fox : “Ok, Ok, stay calm.”
“Should I run and hide behind the nearest hedge?”
Or should jump I burrow?”

The dogs were getting closer and closer.

The Fox : “Down the burrow that’s the way to go, and started running
around the field looking for a burrow.”
The Cat : “No, that one’s too small, I can’t get down for enough.”
“This one’s too big, they could get down too. Maybe that one over there?”

Too late. While the fox wasted time, confused by so many choices, the dogs caught him and killed him. The cat looked down sadly and said:

The Cat : “It’s better to have one safe way than a hundred you can’t choose
from.”

No comments:

Post a Comment